We are so grateful that we have already been to Ethiopia because that helps us know what to expect from the air travel, country, and accomodation side of things. There are many other details to be sorted out and put in place!
We will be leaving DFW on November 5th. We are planning to worship at Beza International Church on Sunday and meet with new friends we made on our last trip. Monday morning, we will drive 12 hours on very bumpy roads to meet Mary-A. It will be 3 days round trip as we have to have her back in Addis two days before court. Our court 'hearing' is on November 12th, and Lord willing, we will officially be her parents when we board the plane that night to return home (we will arrive back at DFW on Nov 13th). You better believe that if we pass court there will be the most beautiful picture of our daughter for you to see!!
I can hardly wait to hold her, love on her and kiss her!! I can't really believe it's happening and so fast!! The holidays are going to be so amazing this year - THANK YOU LORD!! We are still praying to have her home with her forever family by Christmas and for my sister-in-law's wedding. What a time of celebration it will be!!
Specific Prayer Requests:
- safe and healthy travel
- God's guidance and words when meeting her birth mother
- court to go smoothly & that we'll pass
- peace as our family prepares for this transition
- Hannah, Luke, Katy & Emily will be blessed and changed by this journey
- we will be gracious, patient and kind
- God will continue to prepare us to be adoptive parents (for the 1st time) and parents again (for the 5th time)
- speedy Embassy appointment after court (to bring her home)