Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father ... James 1:17

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blessed New Year

I've never posted via my iPhone and I'm clearly struggling with it. I just a few mins o quiet and wanted to reflect on all the 2009 was about and what 2010 holds for our family. I'm sitting here in front of a fire at the family lakehouse and I'm so grateful to be able to relax and reflect on the journey we are on right now. God is at work in our family in ways I can't explain but as a mom I see them and know they are from HIM.
Adoption update: we received notice from homeland security that our I600A was being processed and we would receive fingerprint appointments soon. Once we do, we can send our dossier to Ethiopia and be officially on the wait list. As the reality of knowing who our children are gets closer we all get more and more excited. The anticipation of new siblings permeates our family and it is so exciting we can hardly contain ourselves. I pity the individual that asks me an adoption question or about how we are doing in our process because I could talk their ear right off.
So as we go into 2010 I am thrilled to think (God willing) this will be the year we bring our children home and our crazy, fun, loving family grows by 2,3, or 4 more. If you think of it, please pray for our children and that God will put people in their life to love on them until we bring them home. If they only knew how much they are going to be loved!!!

If you want a good read for 2010 I highly recommend The Hole in Our Gospel!! God has changed me as a person through the words in this book. Also, a group of friends and I are reading through the Bible together this year. I'm looking forward to all that HE will say to me and teach me through His Holy Word.
The Porterhouse wishes all of you a blessed New Year full of God's grace and mercy!!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the lump in my throat!! praying for yall and love your heart! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you The Porter Family for sharing.Wish you all a joyful Happy New Year in advance.

    Always Keep Smiling!
    Send gift to India,Win Ipod|New Year Anniversary Bonanza Gift Ideas Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Porters and got ya covered in prayer! J, can't wait to see all that God does in our lives in 2010! It is a joy and privilege to share life with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive iphone post! So excited to sit, watch and be a part of all the Lord has for you guys this next year. What a gift to walk this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete